Balsham, a village story 1617-2017
- it's written by those who love this village for their community...
- ...but it's also perfect for anyone who is interested in modern maps and family history too
- there are historic maps which have never been published before
- unique, first person accounts of houses by those who live in them, bring the village to life
- over 204 images and 176 pages of original content covering farms, pubs, families, trades, streets and houses - something for everyone
- beautifully designed by professional book designer, Berenice Smith and featuring the latest map tech by GIS expert, Dr Seppe Cassettari and litho printed by The Langham Press
- ebook option available too.
Not sure? Over to our reviews...
It's a fabulous book, I love ours. A big thank you and congratulations to all of you who made it possible, you did a great job for us and the generations to come. Well done.
A fascinating book, we are loving reading it. Many thanks to all involved.
An amazing book. Huge thankyou to all involved.
Thanks to everyone involved in the making of this lovely book. Will be purchasing a couple more for family who don't live in the village now.
Love it! Really well put together with tons of information. Fascinating
How to buy your copy of our book
- the book is on sale for £15 at The Old Butchers in Balsham, the Post Office in Balsham. Please keep checking here and follow our Facebook page for further outlets as we arrange them
- Balsham Parish residents have one copy per household. These will be delivered by The Balsham Ploughmen in mid-December. Please do be patient with us. Please do not collect your free book from the Post Office or Old Butchers Shop, please wait for your delivery
- buy online and deliver to the UK, Europe and Rest of the World
- we are at the Balsham Community Market in January 2018.
Balsham, a village story 1617-2017 retails as £15 plus postage for a printed edition, soft bound, high quality printed book with 176 full cover pages or £5 ebook edition featuring photos and exclusive online access to our gallery of maps. A perfect birthday present! Order online today.
Missed our book launch?
The video we presented is below and we'll post up our talk details in our news pages, along with photos!